CDL Bus Driver $1000 Sign on Bonus
- - Killeen/Copperas Cove Area
- Part Time
Skilled work in the operation of light and heavy shuttle and school bus type vehicles in transporting club members to and from the Club sites.
• Transports members to and from Club site, following a preplanned route according to a definite time schedule.
• Regulates heating/air equipment and ventilation of bus for comfort of passengers.
• Drives bus carefully and in compliance with policies and with traffic regulations.
• Assumes responsibility for the safety of club members in loading, unloading and transporting them to and from Club sites.
• Instructs club members in safety precautions and practices.
• Signals club members when to cross street or highway and assures that youth are safely across upon departure from bus.
• Builds positive relationships with club staff and school district staff at designated school site pick up areas
• Maintains discipline; reports unruly behavior to supervisor.
• Inspects and sweeps bus.
• Checks water, gas, oil and mechanical condition before leaving on run. Reports delays and accidents.
• Keeps operational records and makes simple reports. Reports defects or problems with vehicle to supervisor.
• Assures bus meets regular maintenance schedules.
• Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations, and of the precautions necessary to avoid accidents.
• Must have a clear driving record
• Ability to operate a bus in a safe and economical manner.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to perform work requiring good physical condition.
• Ability to relate to club members, parents, staff and school system personnel.
• Ability to complete various forms and records, including updated route sheets, time sheets, field trip forms, incident and accident reports, etc.
• Training and Experience: Graduation from high school or completion of GED.
• Training on highway safety rules and regulations.
• Licenses or Certifications: Must be able to pass all requirements for State of Texas CDL Driver License. Must have passenger endorsement. School Bus Safety endorsement encouraged.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions.
External: Maintain contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• CDL license with passenger endorsement
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to sit/drive motor vehicle for extended periods of time
• Exposure to outdoor weather conditions
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts