- - Killeen/Copperas Cove Area
- Part Time
- 12- 15 hours per week
TITLE: Tutor – 21st Century
PROFILE SOURCE: Tutor Professional
REPORTS TO: Site Coordinator
STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt- Part Time (12-15 hours weekly)
Under the supervision of the Site Coordinator, the 21st Century Tutor will manage small group and/or individual tutorees by assessing, assisting and encouraging the student in their learning processes. Each week with the assistance of the Site Coordinator the tutor will prepare material to review and support their students in grade-level math and literacy that occur during the regular school day.
This site is funded by 21st Century Community Learning Center grants and has specific management and tracking requirements, including, but not limited to: daily attendance, activity tracking by member and annual reporting, etc.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
• Develop and implement tutoring program that assesses, assists and encourages member in the learning processes
• Creating a safe, positive environment that supports children's social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
• Build positive relationship with youth, volunteers, parents, schools and community.
• Assist with tracking daily attendance and other applicable program administrative duties
• Assist with preparing information for reporting purposes when necessary.
• Attend any special events coordinated by Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Texas
• Assist with clean up and organization of all program areas
• Maintain flexible scheduling to be able to travel between different locations
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• Associate's Degree or Greater required
• Work/volunteer experience with youth required.
• Knowledge of math, literacy, science, and other relevant content areas to ensure adequate and acute information is taught to members.
• Excellent verbal and writing communication skills including facilitation and leadership skills
• Demonstrates strong organization and communication skills.
• Maintains excellent working relationships with staff, volunteers and public.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Demonstrated experience working within diverse socioeconomic demographics.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Exposure to loud or excessive noise
• Exposure to outdoor weather conditions
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees assigned to this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts